Sunday, September 2, 2012

Rossin Extra Speciale


My new-ish city bike, as well as my first fixed gear conversion since 2007 or something, a 1980s Rossin Record road bike mildly customized by Olli Erkkilä.

I wanted something simple I could commute on through the autumn without getting my ass wet and Olli kindly slayed couple of puppies according to my wishes. All gear-related bits were cut off,  rear triangle was slightly shortened and modified, campagnolo-copy track ends and finally eyelets for fenders in front and back were brazed on. The frame's paint was very bad and it was rusty when I got it so I didn't think twice about getting the mods and powdercoating done. The only thing I'm regretting now is forgetting about any kind of front rack braze-ons.

It was raining life like hell out there this afternoon. But it only felt good, man.

No comments: