Thursday, May 15, 2008

Criminal Mass Takes Over The Freeway


This news was so awesome that I just had to steal it, like this:

"Last Friday, Crimanimal Mass took their second bicycle ride on the freeway during drive-home rush hour. Whizzing by gridlocked cars, the demonstration, albeit illegal, raises questions. Good questions. One of the group's organizers, Morgan Strauss, 29, was quoted in the Santa Monica Daily Press (.pdf) this weekend saying that he “just wanted to raise questions about the transportation infrastructure. In a city ruled by cars, why is it that you can get places faster on bikes?

Many photos were taken of the ride, which included nearly 30 bicyclists, but also three rollerbladers."

There's a nice gallery of photos, click here.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a cyclist and I own a car and this is so stupid. It doesn't raise any awareness, it just pisses people off and makes people hate bikers even more. During rush hour? Come on man. It's not enough that the traffic is already bad during that time, these idiots have to make it even worse? If I were driving on that freeway and was in a rush to get somewhere and saw a bunch of bikes blocking the way, I would have gotten out of my car and smacked a few of them around. Get some sense people!

Jussi said...

Well, I suppose the event was called Criminal Mass for an obvious reason. But it's kinda hard for me to see the Critical Mass heading out on highways anywhere, even if I read somewhere about CM blocking some main bridge from traffic altogether etc.