Monday, June 9, 2008

Italian Bike Virus


Bike Virus? Sounds familiar to me. 

If my next-to-non-existent Italian skills are worth anything, it seems that Il Virus delle Bici is a photography book of  Luca Sorianos photos of  trashed & dead bikes from Bologna, Italy. I don't see any vintage Italian road or track bikes in those photos but that's probably only a good thing.  


EDIT:

My secret Italian source just informed me that Bologna, being a big old University town, is also the Italian capital of junkie bike business, meaning that local substance-abusers do lively business there by stealing bikes from the local students - only to sell them back to other local students. You know how it goes. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The heck with those pizza farmers... HOLLAND!!!!

http://www.orangecountyfixed.com/2008/05/25/dutch-track-bikes-ftw/

Anonymous said...

I went to Rome about a month ago. It was the same thing there..