Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Kjell Carlström Scored The Biggest Win Of His Career On Stage Three Of Paris-Nice



"Liquigas' Finnish rider Kjell Carlström scored the biggest win of his career on stage three of Paris-Nice on Wednesday, beating his breakaway companion Clément L'Hottelerie (Skil-Shimano) in the two-man sprint."

The news above has almost nothing to do with fixed gear bikes, (see below, though) but I need to share is here anyways. Why? Because I'm Finnish and this is a landmark in Finnish cycling history of recent times. And yes, I know this is actually pretty lame but I don't care as the patriotic warm glow warms my heart up right now. Check it out: 



I'm quite sure that Kjell does not practise on fixed gear bike during the winter season like many cycling greats of the yesteryear did but I think he should, and if I ever happen to meet him somewhere, I will talk some sense to him.

Also, I love the fact that in the pic from Tour de France 2007 above, he's rolling strong with a HED Trispoke frontwheel, which is nowadays pretty popular choice for some of the fixed gear tricksters out there.

No comments: